Tuesday, 26 August 2008
I love glacé fruit, especially apricots and peaches. There's something so exquisite about the rich, stickiness that I just had to try out my own little cupcake recipe.
I love apricot and chocolate combinations, and poppy seeds always add an interesting nuttiness, so here's what I came up with for my entry to Meeta's Monthly Mingle, where the theme this month is Fruit & Chocolate.
Hope you enjoy them!
Glacé Apricot, Chocolate & Poppy Seed Cupcakes
Anna’s very own recipe. Makes 12.
1½ cups (220g) self raising flour
100g melted chocolate, 70% cocoa
150g softened butter
2/3 cup (150g) sugar
4 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoons black poppy seeds
110g glacé apricots, finely chopped
100g cream cheese
2½ tablespoons apricot jam
2 tablespoons icing sugar
Glacé apricots, to decorate
1. Soak poppy seeds in milk for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180’C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cupcake cases.
3. Beat sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and poppy seed and milk mixture.
5. Gently stir through flour and glacé apricots until just combined. Over mixing will create a dense cake.
6. Spoon mixture evenly between cupcake cases, making sure some glacé apricot pieces are in each one.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
8. When completely cool, make icing by beating together cream cheese, apricot jam and icing sugar.
9. Refrigerate icing for 10 minutes to harden a little then beat again and spread over cupcakes. Decorate with glacé apricots.
Some of my other fruit & chocolate combinations include:
Apricot & Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
Chocolate Ricotta Mousse w Macerated Strawberries
Muhallabiah & White Chocolate Mousse w Pomegranate Salsa
Ricotta, Strawberry & Choc-Chip Muffins
Schwarzwälderkirschtorte (black forest cake)
Strawberry, White Chocolate & Almond Cannoli
Tags: morsels and musings food blog food and drink australia recipes cupcakes cakes dessert chocolate cake recipes apricot cake recipes poppy seed cake recipes chocolate cupcake recipes apricot cupcake recipes poppy seed cupcake recipes chocolate recipes apricot recipes poppy seed recipes cake recipes dessert recipes cupcake recipes