Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 food challenges

Welcome to 2012!!!

I decided that setting myself food challenges for the year is a tradition that I want to keep, even if I’m not always successful in meeting those challenges.

Hopefully this coming year I will perform slightly better than previous years? We can only hope!

A week of recipes based on
Wings
Muffins
Popsicles
Sandwiches

Cook with a new ingredient
Quail
Daikon DAIKON BRAISED IN MIRIN & MISO
Tripe
Bush Tomato

Recreate a food memory
Rockpool's savoury chestnut ravioli w cinnamon-apple sauce COMPLETE
Mumu Grill's brown sugar meringue COMPLETE
Lindt & Sprüngli's chocolate covered ganache apricots
Marque's roquefort, beetroot & guava dessert

Attempt a coveted recipe
Pastel de Tres Leches
Francesinha
Pickled seaweed
Popsicle

Create my own version of
Pecan shortbread
Adaptation of a Noma recipe
Meatloaf
Honeydew melon recipe

Cook a recipe from this book
Momofuku
My Abuela's Table
The Silver Spoon
Bourke Street Bakery CHOCOLATE PRUNE BROWNIES

Purchase
Candy thermometer
Popsicle mold
Miracle fruit tablets
Photography soft light cube


Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck, some of those are really ambitious! I can provide you tripe & tres leches recipes if you need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i have a tres leches recipe but tripe i was thinking of lyonnaise style with red wine. ever made that?

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that you've set 2012 food challenges...what a great motivator! I really look forward to reading about each one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i've been doing it since 2007 and ever year there's different levels of success. fingers crossed for 2012.

      Delete
  3. I vote being there for the trial of the roquefort, beetroot & guava dessert.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list for 2012, can't wait to watch you get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i'm hoping to whack off a fair few this year. or at least do better than 2011!

      Delete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails