wedding and honeymoon etc I wouldn’t even get close to completing them.
Call me chicken.
But, after recently reading over the ones I’d set for 07, I realised I’d accomplished all but a few.
Here was my 2007 list:
Cook Recipes I’ve Coveted Forever
1. pickled nectarines
3. coeur a la crème (finally accomplished in 2011)
2. guinea fowl
Cook w New Ingredients
2. palm oil
Recreate Food Memories
1. Grandma’s pumpkin pie
2. Mum’s hummingbird cake (I made it in Jan 07 but haven’t blogged it yet)
3. Ludo’s chocolate cake
Find Recipes & Make
1. kimchi jjigae
2. mussels w blue cheese & leeks
3. ras el hanout
Learn More About Food from
1. Middle East: cooked recipes from Iran (dessert and main), Oman (breakfast and main), Syria (breakfast) & Lebanon (salad)
2. North Africa: cooked recipes from Libya (main), Morocco (side), Algeria (casserole) and Tunisia (main, made in 07 but blogged in 08).
3. Germany: travelled to Frankfurt in May and December and ate loads of local dishes. I also made a dessert and a soup.
Well, I'm pretty pleased with my 2007 effort.
I’ll announce my 2008 food challenges in a separate post tomorrow, the 1st of January.
Sticking to the 2007 theme, Zorra from Kochtopf and Sandra from Un Tocco di Zenzero are pulling together the best recipes from 07 into Best of 2007: Foodblogger's Recipe Collection.
All bloggers have been invited to submit their favourite creations and the results will go live sometime today.
I submitted two recipes and asked Sandra and Zorra to choose which one they preferred to include:
Muhallabiah Mousse w Pomegranate & Orange Blossom Syrup
Moreton Bay Bugs w Donut Peach Salsa