One of the simplest pineapple recipes you can make is to rub chunky circlets of golden flesh with olive oil and a super hot chilli (like the Takanotsume “hot claw”) then throw it on the barbie.
Absolutely brilliant. Truly.
Barbequed Chilli Pineapple
1 Takanotsume “hot claw” chilli
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt flakes
1. Peel and cut pineapple into round slices.
2. Finely chop chilli, including seeds.
3. Rub the chilli all over the pineapple and place in a bowl.
4. Dress with olive oil and salt and toss around. Leave for 10 minutes.
5. Grill pineapple on hit grill until heated through.
Great with regular pork, ham steaks and fish.
Pineapples supplied by the team at King of Fruit