Saturday, 6 November 2010
This is a great, easy breakfast.
This is a Turkish-style egg dish, so it’s not too far from your traditional brekkie fare.
But it’s eggs with a twist. Herbs and tangy cheese and a pinch of tart sumac.
Easy. Flavoursome. A winner.
Beyaz Peynirli Yumurta
(Turkish Feta & Parsley Eggs)
Based on Binnur’s recipe. Serves 2.
100g feta, crumbled coarsely
4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
1 tablespoon finely sliced white scallions
½ teaspoon sumac
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Olive oil, to fry
1. In a bowl, combine the feta, scallions, herbs, sumac and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Crack all eggs into a bowl. When the frying pan is hot, add the eggs.
4. Immediately sprinkle the feta mixture over the eggs.
5. Cook for approximately 8 minutes, or until the eggs have almost cooked but the yolk is still runny and the feta has started to melt slightly.
Serve hot with Turkish bread.