Saturday, 11 June 2011
This sauté is the perfect side dishes to mains like pan-fried duck breast or pork chops.
It combines all the fresh flavours of apple and sage with the warmth needed for winter meals.
Tangy, tart and savoury, and takes around 5 minutes to cook.
Apple, Sage & Garlic Sauté
Anna’s very own recipe. Serves 2.
1 green apple, peeled & cored
2 tablespoons baby sage leaves
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, for cooking
1. Slice apples into small wedges.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add sage and garlic slices and fry gently until fragrant.
3. Add apple pieces, tossing carefully to ensure sage and garlic do not burn.
4. Cook until apple is heated through but still crunchy and fresh.
5. Season with milled salt and pepper, serve warm.