Saturday, 5 January 2013
Jamie Oliver is responsible for showing me that zucchini can be eaten raw. I can’t believe I never realised it before, but I was watching his one of his 30 minute meals episodes and he started shaving raw zucchini into a salad.
How had I never figured this out before?
So I combined his raw zucchini idea with another salad he made with grilled zucchini, mint and chilli. Sheer brilliance. So simple and yet friggin’ fresh and delicious.
Jamie, you are amazing. Really.
Shaved Zucchini, Mint, Chilli & Feta Salad
2 smallish zucchini
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
100g feta, crumbled
Salt & pepper, to taste
Small mint leaves for garnish
1. Using a peeler or a mandolin, shave the zucchini into super thin slices.
2. Add mint and chilli, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil then toss to coat well.
4. Gently stir through half the feta.
5. Pile onto serving plate then scatter with remaining feta and top with small mint leaves.