Wednesday 2 April 2008

send me your fruit liqueur cocktails!


You’ve got just over a week to come up with an exciting cocktail for Mixology Monday XXVI, which I’m hosting on Monday 14 April.

Mixology Monday is a cocktail blogging event and the theme for my reign of terror is fruit liqueurs.

Definition of fruit liqueurs?
Well this is what I’m going for: a sweet alcoholic beverage infused with fruits or fruit flavours.

The only drinks I won’t accept are ones made with fruit only, rather than using a fruity alcohol of some kind.

Need inspiration? How about . . . .
Apple Schnapps
Apricot Brandy
Bauchant
Calvados
Crème de Cassis
Curaçao
Kirsch
La Grande Passion
Limoncello
Mandarine Napoléon
Midori
Tuaca

So here’s how to participate:
1. Make / invent a cocktail using a fruit liqueur
2. Post it on your blog on Monday 14 April with a link back to this blog
3. Email to morselsandmusingsATyahooDOTcomDOTau
- your name
- your blog’s name
- your location and country
- the name of your cocktail
- the hyperlink for the post

Get mixing people!!!

20 comments:

  1. Oh - good! I was afraid I'd missed it! I'll have to get cracking on this...

    And - I'll actually be in Australia when this MxMo happens! Would be cool if we met for a cocktail. I'll be in Sydney for one day on April 15. I have business stuff to do - but who knows... e-me if you're around.

    xo Natalie (the liquid muse)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna -- is the little blue graphic logo ready yet for this MxMo? We're ready with our post.

    Thanks,
    ~Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to roll on Monday! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our post is up! :)

    http://marriedwithdinner.com/2008/04/13/dotw-asian-orange/

    ReplyDelete
  5. and here´s my one
    http://cocktailwelt.blogspot.com/2008/04/mixology-monday-fruit-liquers.html



    greatings from bavaria/germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. My entry is here. . .

    The China Blue, a pleasant tasting blue drink that uses lychee liqueur.

    http://bunnyhugs.org/2008/04/14/china-blue/#more-757

    Seamus

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've sent you a separate email, buy just in case, my entry is here:

    http://mrswskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/04/spring-break.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mixed up a little something too: Midori Melon Margarita. Thanks for hosting! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While moving, I found a jar of our own brandied blackberries. Perfect timing. My brambleberry roffignac is at
    Tiki Drinks and Indigo Firmaments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mxmo post is on the canton cocktail which uses both orange and maraschino liqueurs.

    thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope I not late yet :)

    I prepare Kirsch & Cassis for this MxMo. Please check my post:

    http://www.scienceofdrink.com/2008/04/15/kirsch-and-cassis/

    Thanks for Post, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anna -- here's mine: the Comet.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. please, please, pretty please stop posting links here.
    it just makes it more difficult for me to chase all the contributions for the week because they are coming to two separate locations (or in some cases to both).
    can you please email them to morselsandmusingsATyahooDOTcomDOTau
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A bit late, but not too late, I hope! Mine is an original creation, The Black Forest Epistle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in; e-mail sent to you with more details. Thanks for hosting.

    http://drinkdogma.com/the-margarita-alternative-el-diablo-cocktail/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops, just read above...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helloooo....I like this blog because i drink many fruit liqueur cocktails

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails