This is a great little entrée (starter) on cold winter nights.
Be sure to use loads of freshly milled black pepper as the flavour really tops off the dish.
Asparagus w Taleggio & Parmigiano
Recipe from World Vegetarian Cookbook by Sarah Brown. Serves 4.
125g taleggio cheese
25g grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus. Steam or microwave asparagus for 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
3. Cut the taleggio in rough slices.
4. Grease a baking dish with butter and lay the asparagus in the dish, placing all the tips the same way. Cover with half the taleggio, a sprinkling of parmesan and some salt and pepper.
5. Place a second row on top with the asparagus tips at right angles to the bottom row and cover with remaining taleggio, parmesan and salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has just melted. Serve hot.
Tags: morsels and musings food blog food and drink australia recipes taleggio recipes parmesan recipes asparagus recipes italian recipes italian food italian cuisine