Thursday, 15 January 2009
Ricotta can be so versatile.
I love to bake it as a side dish to dinner or for dessert.
Different flavours can be used everytime and here I have photos for:
• Black Pepper Ricotta
• Cinnamon Ricotta w Sour Cherries
Anna's very own recipe. Serves 2 as side.
Flavouring, see below
1. Preheat oven to 180'C.
2. In a bowl, mix ricotta with flavouring of choice.
3. In an oven proof baking dish or non-stick baking even tin, firmly pack in the ricotta pressing down to remove air bubbles.
4. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until ricotta rises and develops a light surface.
5. Serve warm or cold, as preferred, with accompaniments.
• 50g melted dark chocolate & 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon & 2 tablespoons honey
• ¼ cup chopped berries & 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• ¼ cup mashed banana & 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
Serve with fresh berries, canned fruit, raisin toast, pancakes, toasted panettone, scones or muffins.
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 2 tablespoons fresh herbs or 1 teaspoon dried herbs
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped olives
Serve with crackers, bread, bruschetta, on a sandwich, as a side dish, crumbled through pasta or salad.
Tags: morsels and musings food blog food and drink australia recipes side dish dessert ricotta cheese cheese recipes side recipes dessert recipes ricotta recipes