Tuesday 14 July 2009

southern belle - bourbon cocktail



This cocktail is a perfect summer afternoon thirst quencher.

The flavours make me think of the American south and, since today is my last day in New Orleans, it couldn't be a more fitting farewell to our little vacation.

Tomorrow Jonas and I will fly home to the cold winter weather and our jobs. Sigh.


Southern Belle
Anna's very own recipe. Makes 2.


Ingredients:
1 large ripe nectarine
75ml (3 parts) American Honey bourbon
30ml (2 parts) sugar syrup
15ml (1 part) lemon juice
2 cups crushed ice

Method:


1. Remove stone from nectarine, then add to blender with all other ingredients.

2. Process until puréed and serve in tall glasses with straws.

Stay tuned for my posts on my experiences in New Orleans, I'm sure there will be plenty to share with everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails