Wednesday, 7 October 2009
Day 3 of Potato Week and guess what? It's Jonas' birthday!!!
Happy Birthday old man! I love you!
So on his birthday I'll share one of his recipes, this simple rosemary and potato tortilla.
Tortilla de Rosamaria
Jonas' very own recipe. Serves 2 as dinner.
300g waxy potatoes, peeled
1 red onion
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil, for frying
1. Slice potatoes and onion into thin rounds.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan
3. Sauté onion and garlic until softened.
4. Add potatoes and sauté until soft (10-15 minutes). Remove from heat.
5. Pick leaves from rosemary twig and discard twig.
6. Mix rosemary leaves, salt and pepper into eggs.
7. Combine the potatoes and onions with egg mixture.
8. Clean the frying pan then add a little more oil and heat.
9. Add potato mixture, shake to settle evenly in pan, then allow to cook until set (5-8 minutes).
10. Lift edges gently with a spatula then flip tortilla onto a plate, sliding uncooked side into pan to be cooked a further 2 minutes.
11. Serve cut into wedges with a side salad.