Thursday 29 June 2006

cannellini beans with chilli & lemon

This is a perfect winter snack or side dish and it's very, very quick.

I must admit that sometimes when I'm lazy (like last night) I just eat this for dinner with nothing else. It's deliciously tangy.

Cannellini Beans with Chilli & Lemon
Anna's very own recipe. Serves 2 as a side.
Ingredients:
400g can cannellini beans, drained
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped very finely
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
½ tablespoon chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Heat olive oil in frying pan, add garlic, onion chilli and sauté until soft.
2. Add beans and white wine and fry until beans are warmed through. Add lemon juice and fry until the beans are moist but not wet.
3. Stir herbs through beans, remove from heat and serve.
Note: You could use any kind of canned beans e.g. borlotti or butter.

5 comments:

  1. I`ve never heard about Cannellini before & I had to look it up - I was surprised that it actually is called the same in swedish :-)
    Sounds like a good recipe! I`ll have to save it & try it sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi anna, how gorgeous - i love cannellini beans; your recipe sounds like it would also be wonderful whizzed into a puree and spread on bruschetta...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ass photos, glorified baked beans. This blog is slipping baby, its been 3 days since we did the gus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'm spotlighting this recipe on my blog today for a new feature I'm calling South Beach Recipes of the Week. I'm including your photo (credited to you of course) and a link to your recipe. If anything bothers you about the way I've done this, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Kalyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. kalyn, i'm not bothered at all. flattered, not bothered :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails