Friday 23 June 2006

keep the chocolate thick

 
Triple-Choc Brownies


I think I’ve discovered why Aztecs were such a blood thirsty lot. I recently read somewhere that they thought chocolate was an aphrodisiac so they wouldn’t let women eat it. Imagine an entire civilisation of premenstrual women without chocolate!

What were they thinking?


Chocolate is pretty important to a lot of people. Admittedly women seem to be more partial than men, but I know a guy who would quite happily munch on chocolate bar while throwing back a cold beer (yes, Christian, I am referring to you).

My relationship with chocolate is very cyclical. I used to want it pretty much all the time, but these days I go through fits and bursts. Now I want it in the form of desserts, rather than on it’s own.

Donna Hay’s Triple-Choc Brownie recipe is pure heaven. It produces the best brownies I’ve ever tasted: so rich and so chocolaty.

For this recipe I used Lindt 70% Cocoa and I served it with a shot of ice-cold Frangelico liqueur and cookies & cream ice cream.

Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso (clear ideas and thick chocolate)
Spanish Proverb


Triple-Choc Brownies


Marie Claire ‘Flavours’ cookbook by Donna Hay. Makes 20 pieces.


Ingredients:

185g (6 oz) butter
185g (6 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1¼ cup caster sugar (superfine)
2/3 cup plain flour (all purpose)
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup roughly chopped milk chocolate
¾ cup roughly chopped white chocolate

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180’C (350’F). Grease a 23cm (9 inch) square cake tin and line base with baking paper.
2. Place the butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until just smooth. Allow to cool.
3. Place eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat with electric mixer until light and creamy.
4. Fold chocolate mixer into egg mixture.
5. Sift in the flour, cocoa and mix to combine.
6. Add the milk and white chocolate then pour into cake tin.
7. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until set.
8. Allow to cool then cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the brownies look awesome and that ice cream sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails