A few months ago I discovered her recipe for eggs and yoghurt or “çılbır”. This is a great breakfast in any kind of weather. Paired with a big glass of juice, how could you go wrong?
I adore it just as it is but Jonas loves to add chilli sauce (like he does to almost everything).
Binnur’s recipe. Serves 2.
1 cup plain yoghurt (room temperature)
1 garlic clove, crushed
60ml lemon juice
1. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt with lemon juice and garlic. Spread on a service plate.
2. Boil the water with the salt and vinegar in a large pot. After bubbling, turn down the heat to medium-low.
4. Take the eggs out with a perforated spoon. Drain then place the eggs over the yoghurt on the service plate.
6. Serve this dish while still hot with bread on the side.
- Binnur's version include a cayenne butter topping, but I went for a healthier option by simply sprinkling the cayenne pepper on top instead.
- I added lemon juice, pepper, herbs and salt.
This recipe is great.
Please try it and let me know whether you loved it as much as me!!!