Monday 22 December 2008

meme for laura

I have been tagged by Laura from Laura’s Paris Cooking Network, who is a loyal reader of Morsels & Musings and always brings me cheer with her encouraging comments on almost every recipe.

You wouldn’t think it, but comments are so important because they let me know you’re reading and what you think about my recipes. Without them I’d be really lonely!

Laura tagged me in a little meme and even though I rarely do memes, since Laura is so lovely, I’ve decided to take part.

So here are the six random facts about me:
1. My wines of choice at moment are albariño and grüner veltliner.
2. My first word was “cat”.
3. At the age of 15, I was convinced I had magical powers to control the wind.
4. Yesterday Jonas bought me an ice cream machine for Christmas!
5. Despite good grades, my report cards commonly contained the word “belligerent”.
6. My ancestry is mixed: first free settlers in Australia, American Civil War veterans and Carpathian nobility.

These are the meme rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up

Generally I don’t like to pass these memes on but in this case I’ll take the opportunity to highlight some blogs which have recently (or not so recently) captured my attention. The authors need not take part in the meme if they don’t want, but I want to point out their blogs at least.

Jules from stonesoup (Australia)
Creative food, stylish photography and a long index of recipes to choose from.

Peter from Kalofagas (Canada)
This blogger prolifically produces hearty, delicious Greek fare. The portions are generous and the recipes are mouth-watering. And best of all there is no fuss which makes Peter’s recipes so approachable.

Mercedes from Desert Candy (USA)
This blog is full of beautiful Middle Eastern inspired recipes, and not your run-of-the-mill stuff either. Mercedes spent time in many Levantine countries and has a deep understanding of the food and an eye for recalling the most interesting experiences.

Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella (Australia)
Festive recipes are dominating this blog at the moment, but you’ll soon discover they aren’t the usual Christmas fare. Lorraine captures the variety of Sydney restaurants as well as offering up exquisite recipes with beautiful photos.

Martin from blog.khymos.org (Norway)
Here you will learn all about molecular gastronomy. Martin puts so much science into his food and the results are often quite amazing. I’,m sure some people will be challenged by the textures and flavours he creates, but I think his work is so interesting.

Nicole from Pinch My Salt (USA)
Lately Nicole has been on a cookie baking frenzy, but at this blog you’ll find a range of delicious recipes focusing predominantly on American and Italian cuisine.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Anna and Greetings from Paris!
    Thank you for following up the Tag. Glad to see it will travel to Norway, USA, and, of course, Australia.
    Have a Happy Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tag Anna, it's a lovely Christmas present! Hope you and your family and friends have a safe and fun holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, thanks so much for the tag and your kind words. I'm drawn to your posts which always show me something new ethnically, photographed well and laid out in an easy to understand recipe.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. You're not belligerent at all! The reports should've said lovely and charming :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ten cheers for the icecream machine! Can't wait to see your flavour experiments x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails