Tuesday, 19 January 2010
This is my first recipe of the year! And such a lovely one too.
Fish always makes me think of summer, but the addition of smoky bacon and the oven roasting method of cooking make this equally viable in winter.
I made this recipe one evening from the bits and pieces in my fridge and I was just ecstatic at the outcome.
Sometimes the best dinners are those that just ‘happen’ on you.
Bacon Wrapped Ocean Trout w Tomato Reduction
Anna’s very own recipe. Serves 2.
2 ocean trout fillets
2 large bacon rashes
Freshly ground salt and pepper
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200’C.
2. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Fry garlic until soft.
3. Add tomato paste and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, salt, sugar and pepper and gently fry until softened and forming a sauce (about 5-10 minutes). Set aside in serving dish. Keep warm.
5. In a clean pan, fry ocean trout, skin side down to crisp skin. Then flip and cook flesh a little (approximately 2 minutes skin side, 30 seconds - 1 minute flesh side).
6. Wrap bacon rashes around fillets and top with pepper.
7. In a baking dish, cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crispy and fish is cooked through.