Thursday 11 May 2006

braida - solid italian wines

Braida (Piemonte, Italy)

No, unfortunately I haven’t been to the vineyard but I did get a chance to sample their wines at Vinitaly 06 in Verona this April.

I have been a big fan ever since I tasted the divine Brachetto d’Acqui at Sydney's Otto Ristorante last year, so getting my lips around their other products was great.

The sweet, light and fragrant Moscato d’Asti is superb and they do wonderful things with Barbera grapes producing a wide array of styles, such as La Monella - a light, sparkling red served chilled and perfect for a BBQ.

But I still love the chilled, sparkling and ruby red Brachetto d’Acqui, a dessert wine gorgeously perfumed with rose and strawberry. This is a must try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails