Monday 15 May 2006

icing on toast


I'm a sucker for junk food, but who isn't really? When I was in high school I used to buy salt and vinegar chips (crisps) and sandwich pieces of hot hash brown in between. I got a lot of weird looks but I didn't really care because it tasted so damn good.

My father has to be the king of creating junk food feasts: when I was a kid, I distinctly remember my father giving me a block of chocolate and a bottle of coke for breakfast. You can understand why I love him so much! Now that I look back on it I was lucky my stepmother intervened or I'd be the size of a bus now – but try explaining that to a nine year old.

This weekend, Jonas and I were visiting when Dad truly outdid himself: in a spontaneous moment he had bought a tub of vanilla glaze from Pretzel World and then smeared the oozing frosting onto hot toast, added a little cinnamon and created a unique Sunday breakfast. It's not always about the highbrow, gourmet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails