Since I've been dreaming about Max Brenner's, I thought I'd share this amazing flourless chocolate cake recipe from The Australian Women's Weekly. Since it's flourless it's gluten free and it's one of the most delicious, decadent cakes I've ever eaten.
½ cup (100g) brown sugar, firmly packed
400g very, very good quality dark chocolate, melted
1 cup (250ml) thick cream with at least 48% fat content
1/3 cup (80ml) liqueur: Cointreau, Rum, Frangelico, Kahlua, Kirsch etc
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease 20cm cake tin and line with baking paper.
3. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.
4. With motor operating, gradually beat in barely warm chocolate until well combined. Using a metal spoon, gently fold in cream and liqueur. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Place cake tin in a baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until it reaches halfway up the side of cake tin.
7. Bake in oven about 30 minutes. Cover with foil then bake for another 20 – 30 minutes.
8. Cool cake in pan. Turn onto serving plate, cover and refrigerate overnight.
9. Serve dusted with cocoa and fresh berries or fruit coulis to balance richness of the cake.
NOTE: It's important to use very good quality chocolate as this is the main flavour and ingredient of the cake.