Tuesday 10 January 2012

amaretto piña colada




On the morning of a big birthday year, I met my friends and sisters on the rooftop pool of a Barcelona hotel and drank these for breakfast.

It’s a typical piña colada, only incredibly enhanced by the sweet almond flavour of amaretto. Combined with the pineapple juice and coconut milk, the almond is divine.

I could drink a gallon of this stuff. Oh, hang on, I did!


Amaretto Piña Colada

Anna’s recipe. Makes 2.

Ingredients:
90ml amaretto
65ml white rum
40ml coconut cream
125ml pineapple juice
1 cup ice
1 cup pineapple chunks

Method:

1. Blend all ingredients together.

2. Decorate with ridiculous paper umbrella, plastic mermaid or oversized pineapple wedge.

3. Drink, pretending your poolside somewhere in the Caribbean (or a Barcelona roof top).


Pineapples supplied by the team at King of Fruit

6 comments:

  1. Pina coladas! Now you're talking :)
    This drink holds many a good memory....it was the first cocktail I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I love using fresh pineapple for my pina colada! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. so much better than canned pieces or bottle pineapple juice.

      Delete
  3. Nice pineapples ideas. In the 80´s pineapple was a classic in Spain. Now I am living in Brighton, England and in a Gourmet Shop they sale very juicy and tasty pineapples from Costa Rica, really yumi,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have never tasted costa rican pineapples. the ones from northern queensland in australia are amazing too!

      Delete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails