Wednesday 4 June 2008

green beans w truffle butter




I'm not sure this recipe could get simpler if I tried.

I first served it for last year's Thanksgiving lunch and it's been an easy "wow-factor" regular ever since.

Fresh, delicious vegetables speak for themselves.


Green Beans w Truffle Butter

Anna's recipe. Serves appreciative guests.

Ingredients:
Fresh beans
Truffle salsa
Good quality butter
Salt and pepper

Method:


1. Take some fresh beans and blanch them until soft but still toothsome. Drain.

2. While still very hot, toss through cubes of good quality butter until melted and well coated.

3. Add truffle salsa, salt and pepper to taste then toss to coat beans. Serve hot.


If you haven't guessed already, this is my contribution to Weekend Herb Blogging, hosted by Croatian foodie Maninas: Food Matters.

Tags:

6 comments:

  1. Simple yet looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are in a really excelent moods.
    Beans with truffels.
    It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it does sound delicious. I haven't seen truffle salsa here, but it sounds like something I'd love to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I can see why it was a hit... Two of my favorite foods: green beans and truffles... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost feel faint with desire as I look at that picture. The beans are the perfect size. Mine are just sprouting in my garden and I have a month or so before I harvest my first crop. I'll make your recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am quite salivating at your pics and the thought of truffle butter.... mmmm, mmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hello. It's great to know there are people out there in cyberspace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails